Friday, December 31, 2010

(invisible) Mountain climbing cats

(update) I have since been back with a decent camera and here is a new video where the cats described below are actually no longer invisible.


I'm staying at my uncle's in Rio. The apartment has a view of Aterro do Flamengo from the living room and of the Morro da Viuva (widow's mountain/peak/hill) from the back bedrooms. I've been working out of one of the back bedrooms for a few days now and Morro da Viuva has kept me company just outside the window while I worked. It's a great rock!  To my surprise I have discovered that there are cats living on this rock. I've seen between 6 to 8 cats roaming around the rock face.  My window is on the 15th floor plus two levels of garage and a playground, so technically it's the 18th floor. Cats roam around the at rock window level!!  I don't have a video camera with me, so the video below is horrible, but in the center of the shot there is a yellow cat who had been napping on a ledge just outside my window and decided to climb down. It's hard to see, actually it's almost impossible to see, sorry.  You'll have to take my word for it that there is a cat in the shot.






Here is another impossible to see cat, this one is black also mid-shot, there is a little more contrast because he's black.  He's the black spot on the right. Next time I'll bring a video camera....



This one gives you a better sense of the size of this rock and where these cats live. Yes I said cats! There were cats in these videos... really there were, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment