Monday, January 18, 2010

The elusive Panamera

A few months ago we did a large translation for Porsche, I now know more about the new Porsche Panamera than I ever thought I would. It apparently does everything you would expect a top of the line sports car to do, holds 4 large suitcases in the trunk and whistles Dixie while doing it. However it's so out of my price range I would need time on the Hubble just to see its price range. I have a feeling they probably charge more than I can afford just to look at the sticker price. So I'm left to living vicariously through others.

I live in a posh neighborhood in Sao Paulo, I imagine Alphaville is something like East Egg in The Great Gatsby, where people play polo and are rich together, only without the polo. This is Panamera country, if you want to go expensive-toy watching, this is the place to be. Cayennes are common around here, you see Ferraris and beamers all the time but I have yet to see a Panamera. It's a sad situation when even living vicariously eludes you. sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment