Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sex object or hormone addled morons?

On Tuesday September 27 the Secretariat for Women’s Policies of the Brazilian government requested the censorship of a lingerie commercial staring world famous super model Gisele Bundchen. The claim is that the commercial portrays women as sex objects. I’m usually very sensitive, and easily angered by the portrayal of women as sex objects, and yet this commercial didn’t raise any red flags until the news came out today. You see, instead I had always assumed the commercial portrayed men as brain damaged, hormone addled morons. Here is the commercial, you decide. And if you have an opinion, leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm definitely a hormone addled moron!

    Now, hit play again!

    Oh, yes, let's also support censorship. And burn some books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's right!! I forgot to say: repeat after me "Censorship... baaaad. Freedom of speech... gooood"

    ReplyDelete